Why I love my Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card

For those who may not be aware, I am quite new to this whole blog writing thing.  I know that usually people will write reviews on products or companies in return for some type of compensation but let me assure you that the following are all my own thoughts and opinions.  Chase has no idea I’m even writing this but if they perhaps saw my opinion and knew that I have readers from 10 different countries (thanks by the way) maybe they would be willing to help support some of my travels while I’m here in South East Asia. 

Here's the good stuff:


Now kids, this story is about how your Auntie Laura decided to apply for a travel card…wait maybe it’s too weird to go with the How I Met Your Mother opener (plus the only characters really involved are me and my thoughts).  It all started back in December 2013 when I received my assignment for my 3rd rotation which would be in Indianapolis, IN.  Knowing  that I’d want to take advantage of all the Midwest had to offer me, I figured it would be in my best interest to get some type of credit card that would reward me for traveling/eating out/being #lonerlaura.  After doing a bunch of research, I kept coming back to the Chase Sapphire Preferred® card.  Why did it intrigue me?  Well obviously because of its sleek design and is made of metal!  Ok, ok really what got me is that you earn all these points from all your purchases and bonus points for eating at restaurants and on travel expenses such as flights/hotels/rental cars.  The best part comes with how you can redeem these points.  The options seem basically limitless.  You can receive cash back, you can use them in their Chase Ultimate Rewards website to buy a variety of apparel, home goods, gift cards, and even experiences such as full trips or special dinners, and you can even transfer points to your other flight/hotel reward programs.  The best reward is that you can use the points to book travel through their website.  This means that you can use every single point towards a reduction in flight costs and don’t have to adhere to the rounded amounts that airlines require of their reward programs. 

The real reason I love this card?  Because I was able to use all my points earned since I got the card in January 2014 to pay for half of my boyfriend’s flight to Singapore.  How much did my rewards add up to?  About $700.

The BEST part?  I’m publishing this post as Niles is sitting next to me here in Singapore J  For those who don’t know me too well, Niles and I have been dating for over 5 years now.  Most of our relationship has been long distance across different states and now different countries.  I am so grateful that we were able to save on the cost of his flight out here using my Chase Sapphire Preferred® rewards!  All that #lonerlaura travel helped to fund some #lonerlauraandfriends travel (have to get on that new hashtag). 

All in all, if you’re in the market for a travel rewards credit card I highly recommend the Chase Sapphire Preferred®card as it’s a great way to earn points to redeem in a variety of ways.  Perfect if you sometimes like cash back, or want to save to use on a vacation, or want to buy merchandise. 

Now it’s time for me to enjoy my boyfriend’s company!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all the info! Have fun. Love, Mozart And by the time I figure out how to post comments you will be home.

    ReplyDelete