"Do one thing every day that scares you" - Eleanor Roosevelt

Today I board a (or three to be correct) planes headed to Singapore.  What an adventure that lies ahead of me. I’ve been a mixed bag of emotions the past few weeks.  Friday, I left my position in Indianapolis and said goodbye to some wonderful people, then headed on a 15 hour roadtrip back home with my sister.  Now less than two days after arriving back home I’m back at the airport ready for the next leg of my journey. 

The hardest part for me in this journey is not having a clue what to expect of the new country I’m going to.  While I’ve gotten lots of advice from previous travelers and ex-pats in Singapore, it still is such a foreign place to me and I have no clue what to really expect.  Ok well I guess it’s really the 2nd hardest part because leaving Niles, my family, and friends is most definitely the hardest part of this journey.  Luckily, I will not be alone in Singapore and will have another associate of the program (and good friend), Ethan, with me.  I’m looking forward to having a travel buddy and just to have someone around to hang out with when I’m missing home.

\Alright so enough with the sappy “lonely girl traveling across the world missing her boyfriend, family, and friends” story. Today’s funny happened as my parents and I were getting ready to walk over to the security line.  A nice TSA lady noticed me crying into my mom’s shoulder and kindly informed us that my parents could go through to the gate with me!  So we get back in line and patiently wait to get them their gate passes.  Of course once we ask for them the attendant looks at me and asks if I’m a minor because parents can only go through if their child is a minor.  So I guess I either look quite young or the TSA lady figured only young kids cry so hard leaving their parents, Hah! 


Here goes!  Next time I check in I’ll be 10,000 miles away from home.  (If I look at it with a finance perspective its really only 10 miles because most times we look at things in thousands, right?) 

No comments:

Post a Comment