Gardens by the Bay

Monday I was off from work due to National Day falling on Saturday so they give you the following work day off. I spent the beginning of the day reading by the pool, walking around and finding a spot for lunch, and just relaxing.  Later in the afternoon I hopped on the MRT and headed to the Marina Bay area to meet up with friends.  I have to say not having any form of contact when I'm outside of the hotel doesn't phase me until I have to meet up with someone in a place I've never been before.  Luckily, I was able to meet my friends right at the MRT stop with no problem.

Gardens by the Bay is a beautiful place where you can walk around outside or go into the two observatories.  Our main goal was the observatories on this trip.  First we went into the flower dome.  I'll let the pictures do the talking:










 Marina Bay Sands in the background

After making out way through the flower dome, we went to the taller Cloud Dome. Upon walking into the dome we were greeted with a huge waterfall.


We then slowly but surely made our way up to the top of this "mountain" to the lost world.  It definitely felt like a mix of Peter Pan and Avatar in here.



We walked along that upper walk way and it was a bit shaky at times!

We took a nice walk down to the food court of the gardens for some dinner.  It was my first experience in a hawker-esk food court in Singapore.  A hawker center is basically a food court with all local vendors where you can have a variety of foods to eat.  The three of us shared chicken and beef satay with a peanut sauce (sorry Niles!), fried rice, bbq squid, and a green veggie.
Our meal, all very good!

To drink I tried a Singaporean beverage of sugar cane.  At first I figured it would be just like drinking sugar but it wasn't too overly sweet and had almost a mild kiwi flavor to it.  Though it's definitely a treat to be enjoyed in moderation while I'm here!

I will definitely be making a trip to Gardens by the Bay again as there is so much to see and it's such a beautiful spot to walk by the river. 

No comments:

Post a Comment