Saturday in the Park I think it was the...

...16th of August

Today's adventure had me off to Pasir Ris Park, only a few minutes away on the subway for me.  Of course my leisurely walk had me looking like I just ran a marathon.  You've really got to love that hot, humid, stagnant air that doesn't seem to have a breeze no matter how close to the ocean you are!  I did my best to ignore it and enjoyed the park.  Pasir Ris Park has lots of walking/biking paths that stroll through mangroves and along the shore.  Here are some views I came across:






 Not a bad way to start off my Saturday! A good lesson I've learned from living in new areas away from home is that you have to have the courage to step outside of your comfort zone and explore something new.  While it's wonderful to be able to share adventures with others, when you do something by yourself you experience it in a whole new way.  I am happy I have built up the courage to go out and try new things on my own.  Though it's not always easy and as someone who LOVES to talk (thanks to my dad) I have found myself becoming more comfortable with striking up conversation with people around me (well at least I did back in the US, it's not so much the culture here).  Even so, take the opportunity to explore somewhere on your own.  Whether it's going to a bar or restaurant for dinner or a drink or taking a stroll through a park, enjoy your company and enjoy your surroundings.
My phone is really good at masking the glistening sweat on my face!

No comments:

Post a Comment