Australia Part 4 - Coastal Walk and Farewell

Surfing at 630am meant that the rest of the day could be spent chillin on the beach.  Lucky for us, the rain and cloudy weather during our surf lesson passed through and we had some nice sun for the rest of the day. 

Looks just like my surf pictures...hah!

It was fun watching the surfers from the beach.  I still cannot believe how many people are out there all at once and how they all manage not to hit each other if they catch the same wave!  But there is definitely something extremely soothing rolling in on the waves over and over again. 


Once we had gotten a good dose of sunshine and sleep, it was time to take a walk on the Bondi to Coogee Coastal Walk.  The path runs from Bondi to Coogee (hence the name) and is a great way to enjoy the beauty of the Pacific coast cliffs as well as get a good little workout in.  There were plenty of people running along or just taking a nice stroll.  As you get closer to Bondi, it takes you right next to the Bondi Iceberg’s where you can check out the pool that is set to allow large waves crash into it from the ocean. 

Bondi Icebergs


 






 Views from the Bondi to Coogee Coastal Walk

Dinner was at a good Italian restaurant just up the street from the apartment.  It filled me up and kept me warm as I found the nights were typically quite cool in Bondi and I wished I had more sweaters or long sleeves with me. 

And to close out the trip I took a nice little walk on my own over to Bondi Beach at sunset.  Really I just needed some wifi to check with people and let them know I was not on the AirAsia flight that unfortunately crashed in Indonesia.  But once I had checked in with home, it felt so good to just sit and enjoy the peaceful beach and watch the sky turn beautiful shades of purple and pink.  Maybe it’s the Pisces in me that finds peace when I’m  on a beach and near the ocean.  There is just something so soothing and calming being by such a large body of water for me. 



The trip to Sydney and Bondi was fantastic and just what I needed.  I wish that I could go back already and really hope that my future holds a trip back someday. 

Until next time Australia!




No comments:

Post a Comment