7 Weeks and Goodbye for Now

This Wednesday marked 7 weeks since I landed in Singapore!  It’s incredible how fast time passes by yet I feel like there is still so much more I’d like to do while I’m here.  Looking at my first few blog posts it’s amazing to think of how far I’ve come from the shy, nervous girl in a new country.  Some days it feels like I’ve got the whole Singaporean life down and others I still feel completely new.  I guess it’s a good thing to be comfortable in a place where you are still stretched out of your comfort zone.

Today (Thursday in Singapore time) has been a rainy and surprisingly cool day.  The sad part of me would say that the weather is mimicking my emotions.  This morning I brought Niles to the airport.  For those of you who have been following along, Niles was able to have a nice long stay with me.  In those few weeks we had so many adventures together and I am so very happy that we could share this time with one another.  We’ve been in a relationship for a few years, most of which has been long distance.  His time here with me in Singapore was the most time we’ve spent living that close to one another in almost two years.  I wish I could tell you the secret to keeping a strong relationship with lots of miles in between but there isn’t really much secret to tell.  Some days it’s easy and others feel like it’ll be forever until I see him again.  This morning as I went to work I turned around to kiss him goodbye but he wasn’t there.  This afternoon I’ll arrive back from work and open the door but his smiling face won’t be there to greet me.  It’s tough but I have to keep moving forward.  Each day without him is another day closer to be with him.

All dressed up on the MRT!


My handsome guy

On a happier note, let me back up to last night.  As a romantic farewell, Niles and I went to Level 33 Brewery for dinner.  The restaurant is on the 33rd floor (hence the name) and looks out over Marina Bay.  We started off with some delicious brews accompanied by warm bread and butter/dipping oil.  The three options included plain butter, olive oil/apricot jam/balsamic vinegar dipping oil (SO good and unique – Holly you’ve got to make this), and the third was a mint compound butter.  Each was tasty though I think my favorite was the dipping oil and I will definitely be recreating it at home!  Next up we shared a light salad with romaine, sun dried tomatoes, grilled artichokes, Parmesan, and OLIVES.  Niles and I each took turns testing our taste bud reactions to olives.  I think it’s safe to say neither of us have developed that love for them yet.  Luckily the salad was great without them!



 Now to leave you all with an element of suspense, I will hold off on attempting to describe our fabulous entrees.  I’m serious about how insanely delicious these meals were.  Niles and I each loved our dishes and couldn’t stop raving about how awesome they were.

 

Can you guess what our meals were?

Finally, after letting our meals settle we attempted to order dessert.  Let me back up a quick second to tell you that in the beginning we told our waiter that our whole meal was to be nut free as we have an allergy (I use we when we’re on a date so that they take as much caution with his meal as they do mine).  Unfortunately we had a few back and forth’s with the chefs on what had nuts and what didn’t but we ended up with these frozen treats.  I’ll save them for Food Friday as well.


Overall it was a wonderful evening and we couldn’t have asked for any better way to spend our final night in Singapore together.

View from the top thanks to Niles photography skills

7 weeks that I’ve been in Singapore and 7 more until my short trip home in November.

Until next time, “I’ll be seeing you…”

1 comment:

  1. I love you two, so happy Niles was able to have an adventure in Singapore with you. " Each day without him is another day closer to be with him." XOXO- Katie A

    ReplyDelete