Food Friday 10

Well folks its Sunday and I have missed my deadline for Food Friday but I can't deny you all the pleasure of hearing the tasty eats I tried this week.

So this week's eats to share with you come from my meal with Bekah, my highschool friend who came to visit last weekend, and her friends.  If you check out my last post you'll see that we spent the day sweating walking around the botanic gardens.  Later on that night we met up with Bekah's friend's friend and his wife who are both Singaporean natives.  They took us to a local Indian restaurant which I was a bit hesitant at first seeing as my last experience was when I ate fish head curry.  For all those who have been reading my blog since the start (thanks by the way!) that meal of fish head curry happened in my 3rd week I was here aka a long time ago.  Thankfully this meal was delicious and the spices didn't upset my stomach this time. 


Each dish was pretty much something new that I've never had before and all of it was excellent!  We all shared each of the dishes which meant we could try a little bit of everything.  

Our meal included butter chicken, paneer, tandoori chicken, naan, and egg prata (not pictured but a delicious fried egg pancake kind of thing?).  Now I've of course already forgotten which dish is which as they all looked quite similar but I will just let you each use your imagination in identifying them.




After our filling dinner that was filled with wonderful spices and flavors, we decided the best way to finish off the evening would be with a nice ice cream cone.  Did Laura say no to ice cream?  Of course not, silly!  We ended up at a place called Udder's which was filled with great puns written on most every surface throughout the restaurant.  I ended up with a scoop of maple walnut ice cream, yum!


The rest of my week included a lot of meals in my apartment which usually means rice, veggies, and tofu...exciting I know.  But the week concluded with a FABULOUS meal of black pepper AND chili crab!  We had a few visitors and it was a perfect excuse to indulge in such a feast. 

Hope you all had a wonderful week and tried something new!  

No comments:

Post a Comment