Supertree Grove

This post doesn't exactly follow sequence with what I've been up to but I realized I didn't talk too much to a fun night Amber, Ethan, and I had at Gardens by the Bay during Amber’s visit last week so I thought I’d share with you now.

Garden’s by the Bay is located just next to Marina Bay Sands, that big building with the ship on top that you've seen on my blog more than a few times now.  The gardens have two conservatories which you have to pay about $30 sgd to go into both.  I highly recommend them as they are cool experiences (especially the cloud dome) but if you’re on a budget, walking around the gardens proves to be just as interesting due to some unique pieces.

 



Enter the super trees!  These unique, luminous works of art are unlike anything I've seen before.  Ok that’s partially a lie because they remind me of something out of the movie Avatar and make me wish I could just jump from tree to tree with my long braid of hair flowing behind me, then hop onto the back of some crazy looking bird and fly…ok I’ll stop now.  The super trees are covered in over species of plants that reach near to the tops.  And while they probably look really cool during the day, the best time to see them is at night.  They glow beautiful colors of green, blue, red, and purple but not in a fake way that covers up the beauty of nature.  Something about these large trees glowing at night is just plain magical that people of all ages can enjoy.

To give you a better idea of how large they are, Amber is standing at the bottom of this tree, look for her in the picture.  The trees are about 70+ feet tall!  That’s a lot of Amber's!

Shes right in the middle of the bottom of this tree, can you spot her?

Each night they put on a show where the trees sparkle and the lights change to different music.  When Amber was here we caught a glimpse of it from farther away and it was so beautiful!


 Now the coolest part of these super trees is not that they light up and make anyone feel like they’re in Avatar, but it’s that they actually have a purpose for the gardens.  The trees harvest solar energy some of which is used to power the beautiful colors of the trees when they are lit up at night.





The Supertree Grove is a great free attraction to enjoy while in Singapore and I highly recommend taking a visit if you're in the area!  Of for those farther away, I hope my pictures bring some of the supertree magic to you!

Thanks to Amber for being the Supertree model!

No comments:

Post a Comment