"I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike"

Happy Wednesday folks!  This past weekend was a holiday weekend which meant no work on Monday wahoo!

Saturday I sent Amber on her last trip before her journey home.  It was so nice having her here for a while but man did that week fly by!  And now she’s en route back home after 5 ½ months of being in Thailand.  It was nice to catch up and also to have someone to chat with about life on the other side of the world.  While our experiences are a bit different we could completely relate to the emotions and feelings you go through being far away from home and in a foreign place.

Sunday, Ethan, Glenn, and I planned to go to Pulau Ubin, a small island off the east coast of Singapore.  We were hoping to spend the day biking around the small island and checking out the nature.  Unfortunately, we weren’t the only ones who had that in mind for Sunday.  When our cab dropped us off we were greeted with a queue worthy of those long hot lines in Disney World.  With close to a 2 hour wait in front of us and then having to wait with all those people to get back before the 12-person ferries stop running at sunset, we decided to save the trip for another day (and make note to get there earlier).




Instead we headed to East Coast Park where we rented mountain bikes and had an awesome ride up and down the coastal park.  It felt so good being in the sunshine and having a bit of a breeze as we rode.  It was a pretty clear day, meaning not much haze, and through the sea of ships we could see Indonesia.  We stopped at one of the jetty’s and I asked a local couple what kind of fish they had just caught with which they replied “I don’t know, we just eat it”.  Simple enough!

  

After biking through the park for almost 2 hours I was thoroughly exhausted (did I mention how much the heat and humidity still affect me here).  We stopped at Harry’s for a cider and nachos.  I was hoping the cider would make me feel like I was back home enjoying fall but it’s just not the same when its above 80 degrees outside and everyone is in summer clothing still.  Oh well!  Guess I’ll have to soak up fall next year!

Look who made an appearance, PubGearUSA.com!

After filling up from our bike ride we parted ways as we were all pretty wiped out from our midday bike.  I managed to get in a quick workout then took the afternoon to just relax.  I’ve needed some me time!

Monday, Ethan and I booked a couple trips for the coming months!  We were able to get some good deals for booking in advance.  It definitely makes the work week go by faster when you have exciting travel to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment