Food Friday 16 - Food Feast

After much discussion surrounding my lack of Food Friday posts I figured I had to do one for my last Friday in Singapore.  Well then I got home from a fun night out on the town and fell asleep before posting it and so now this Food Friday post is coming to you all on Saturday but let's just play along alright?

Luckily I have saved a bunch of pictures from various feasts I’ve had and decided the best thing to do would be to overload you all with tons of food pictures!  It’ll be a Food Friday feast of sorts.  The best part is this feast won’t cause you any weight gain (but it might make you hungry and then decide to eat the closest thing to you). 

Here goes! 

Dinner with Glenn (from before Thailand), this was from our night in Serangoon Gardens.  We had a delicious Chinese food feast of Chinese pickles, roast chicken, mixed veggies, and crispy prawn (my favorite from the evening).

 

Prata:  this is a classic food court/hawker item.  It’s kind of like a mix between a crepe and pizza dough. The chef stretches the dough onto a flat top grill then adds mix-ins and fold its all up and serves it with some curry sauce.  I like mine with egg inside!


Another food court item, Korean bbq beef with rice and kimchi.  One of my favorite meals from the food court in the mall nearby.


Up next are some of the dishes I ate in Thailand that didn’t make the recap posts.  First is delicious pad thai (a peanut noodle dish), and next is pineapple fried rice with chicken…served in a pineapple made to look like a chicken!!  The fried rice was so yummy and it was nice to get the sweet, tart flavor of the fresh pineapple.





This item is from the night market and is a popular snack.  It’s kueh tutu and it is made of rice flour and filled with coconut (the orange stuff), then steamed and served on pandan leaves.  It was a nice treat and not too sweet.

              


 Next we have another food court gem, Korean bibimbab. This is served in a veryyy hot pot and includes rice, fresh veggies, meat, and a raw egg.  You then mix it all together (cooking the egg and veggies) and it looks like the second picture.  I add the yummy red sauce and kimchi to the mix too.

                

This photo is from a Friday lunch with co-workers.  This picture does not do the amount of food ordered justice.  We had dim sum and it included amazing pork buns (char siew bao), fried carrot cake, shrimp dumplings, fried shrimp dumplings, chicken feet, fried fish skin, and plenty more.  I think we ordered almost everything on the menu


Last Friday my coworkers took me to lunch at what is, in my book, the best chicken rice I’ve had.  We enjoyed roasted chicken rice, roast duck, kailan, bean curd (tofu), pork, and of course rice.  It was absolutely delicious. 


City Hot Pot is next on the list for the last visit before leaving.  So the way is works is you order your broth base (I chose Sichuan aka SPICY), then you order the type of meat, Ethan and I shared waygu beef and pork, then you choose the type of noodle you like, and they provide a basket filled with assorted veggies.  Then you get to play!  You take turns putting the items in the broth to cook them and then you pull them out of the broth and eat them.  The pot of broth is on a heat pad so it is bubbling away during your whole meal.  The broth is usually pretty strongly flavored and you don’t commonly drink it like soup.  This is a yummy meal and always leaves exhausted at the end (it’s hard work cooking your own meal)!

 






Wild Honey is definitely the best breakfast place in Singapore and it’s a good thing it’s on the pricey side otherwise I’d probably wake up early every weekend morning and take the 35 minute train just to get there.  Sunday morning I went for Portabella Road, a take on eggs benny but with whole grain toast, Portabella mushrooms and other veggies piled underneath delicious poached eggs and just enough hollandaise sauce.  Paired with a good latte and it was a delicious breakfast.


Finally, my last Friday in Singapore my team took me out for lunch at Crystal Jade for dim sum.  Once again we had a HUGE feast of a variety of items such as congee (porridge), fried rice, roast chicken, pork, salted egg custard buns, dumplings, and many more.


And there you have it folks, my Food Friday Feast!

1 comment: