Wrapping up and starting new

Hi strangers!

When I first got back from my travels in Singapore I had every intention of keeping up with this blog.  Of course you can tell that the idea quickly fell to the wayside as things started moving at lightening speed (or so it felt like).  Well enough's enough!  I decided tonight would be the night I sit down and get back to it.

Lucky for me I opened up my blog to see a drafted post I had long forgotten!  So for the sake of being sentimental, here's a look at how I felt coming home from Singapore back in February of this year...


It's been nearly 2 months since I returned to the USA and looking back at posts from my time in Singapore make it seem like ages ago I was there.

So what's it like to be back in New England?  ITS WICKED COLD!!!

I arrived in Boston on Wednesday, February 11th and had been feeling like a total newbie to New England getting off my plane as I was the only one without a proper jacket (and was wearing my flowy Australian pants).  Luckily I had Niles waiting for me with a nice warm hug and my big puffy winter coat.   The biggest surprise came when we arrived at my parents house to a good 3+ feet of snow!  The piles of snow alongside the road were HUGE, probably close to 20 feet in some areas.  It was insane how much snow the Boston area had been hit with and how it hadn't even started to melt in the least bit.  Over my first week home it continued to snow for what felt like every single day.  These New-Englander's sure are in need of some serious sunshine and summer warmth!

Besides the weather, the adjustment to life back here was pretty seamless.  In fact the second I was back home it felt like it had been a year since I left Singapore (partly due to the 25 hours of travel). 

The first week I was home was a total whirlwind.  First, Niles took me for a beautiful weekend snowboarding at Jay Peak.  He completely surprised me the first day on the slopes when he got down on one knee on a wooded trail and asked me to marry him!  I of course said yes!  The day we got back from our weekend getaway I graduated from my program.  Then we signed a lease on an apartment and moved in a couple days later.  And then I started my new job.  All this (plus visits with friends and family) in only a matter of 12 days!

That's all I had mustered out at the time so let's fast forward back to my current reality.

So where is Laura's Compass pointing right now?
          - Planning a wedding for 2016
          - Spending time with friends and family
          - Finding a variety of outlets to satisfy my travel bug

This blog is meant for sharing my adventures, be it near or far, and to hopefully inspire some new adventure-seekers to follow their own compass too!

1 comment: