Vietnam - Part Two




For our one night stay in Ho Chi Minh City, we stayed at the Phan Anh Backpackers Hostel in the backpackers district.  It was a very clean and well-priced option for our short stay and I would highly recommend it!  We got a 3 person private room with our own en-suite bathroom.  The room was cozy but had aircon and a window with a nice view.  Best part of the hostel is free breakfast and a free drink at happy hour from 6-7pm!


After our long first day of touring, we freshened up and hung out in the lobby area to enjoy our free Bia Saigon.  


Glenn had a friend who is from Vietnam who was free that night so we met up for dinner.  Of course now I realize I have completely forgotten the name of the restaurant…it was located in a quiet alley between two main roads and we sat up on the rooftop section where we could enjoy the less humid weather and the light breezes. 




We left it up to the local to do the ordering and good thing we did because we had quite the feast and everything was just delicious!  Of course I can’t tell you what we ate because, once again, I’m making you wait until Food Friday(I mean can you really blame me). 

After dinner we went to the Caravelle Hotel’s rooftop bar for a fancy drink.  Though it is a rooftop bar, we all found it to be quite warm up there but stayed for a drink anyway.  I ordered the Kumquat Cinnamon which was fruity with a hint of cinnamon and I loved it.  As we were enjoying our drinks one of the singers from the salsa band performing came over and asked if we’d dance.  Being my typical self I said yes!  After a quick salsa on the dance floor I made my way back to our table.  This was when it hit me…I’ve salsa danced in every Asian country I’ve been to so far.  Hmmm maybe I should make it a trend?  I can’t make any promises but I mean it really could happen…


One round of drinks was enough for our group as we wanted to be well rested for our busy day two of our Saigon trip. 

Up next – Day two recap and thoughts on the War Remnants Museum and Cu Chi Tunnels.

2 comments: